About XR Canterbury
WE ARE A NON-VIOLENT DIRECT ACTION AND CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE GROUP IN THE FACE OF CLIMATE EMERGENCY.
- New Heading for Extinction talkPlease join us online at 7pm Wednesday 23 August to hear this informative and compelling talk covers the science of the climate and biodiversity crises, why we are still heading for disaster despite all we know about what’s happening, and the crucial importance of taking action.
- Lovely World Festival 23 / 24 June 23Some hot days printing and badge making out at the Alexander Centre with the Swale FOTE Lovely world festival. Thanks to: Jemima and friend, Sean, Sharon, Alex, Michelle and Julie. XX
- XR Canterbury updates 22 05 23We are now meeting in person for a social on the first Monday (unless a bank holiday) in the Bell and Crown in Palace street Canterbury CT1 2DZ at 7pm. Online meetings are on the third Monday of the month at 7pm. Link: https://meet.jit.si/RationalObsessionsTendEfficiently ‘Friday Climate Strikes’ will continue in the middle of Canterbury High […]
- Friday Climate Strike 2023We now have done about 80 ‘Friday Climate Strikes’ since May 2021. Every week on Friday 12-1pm we talk with passers-by on the street about Global warming. We are not going away…just as the climate crisis isn’t!
- Which countries have emitted most Co2 since 1750?
What is XR?
XR Canterbury is part of a national and international climate action movement. We are demanding that the UK government takes immediate and meaningful action on the climate emergency to halt mass extinction and to minimise the risk of societal collapse.
To learn more about XR, our demands, values, story, and why you should rebel visit the XR Global and UK websites.
We meet to discuss local environmental issues and discuss how to get the local councils to address them.
If you have an environmental concern you think XR could help with or would like someone to talk to about the climate crisis, get in touch.
Or find out how you get can get involved.
Heading for extinction
We rebel because we believe that humanity is heading toward extinction — there is an emergency on planet earth. And we cannot delay our collective response to this existential crisis. Governments around the world are refusing to take meaningful action. We rebel to make ourselves heard.